The aim of the laboratory ModeLTER is modelling of landscapes and territories over the long term. This topic has engaged the proposed research team for several years alredy. With this Franco-Slovenian laboratory already excellent cooperation will be further enhanced.
ModeLTER is one of the European Associated Laboratories (LEA). LEA is a “laboratory without walls,” devoid of legal status. It brings together two (or a maximum of three) laboratories from CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) and a research organization from another European country to work together and produce added value to a jointly defined project for a term of four years, with possibility of renewal. Human and material resources are pooled to carry out the project.
The LEA ModeLTER consists of the following partners:
- MSH C.N. Ledoux, UMS 2913, CNRS, head François Favory
- Institute of Anthropological and Spatial Studies, SRC SASA, head Ivan Šprajc
- Laboratoire de Chrono-Ecologie, UMR 6565, CNRS, head Hervé Richard
- Théoriser et Modéliser pour Aménager, UMR 6049, CNRS, head Serge Ormaux
- Institute of Archeology, SRC SASA, head Jana Horvat