Head of the Department for Regional Geography
+386 1 470 63 60
B. Sc. in Geography and Sociology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, 1985
M. Sc. in Geography, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, 1989
Ph. D. in Geography, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, 1993
regional geography, physical geography, geographical typification and regionalization, landscape ecology, geographic information systems, thematic cartography, geographical names
- Member of the Commission for the Standardization of Geographical Names of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia (since 1995)
- Chair of the ZRC SAZU Board of Directors (since 2019)
- Executive editor of the Acta geographica Slovenica journal (since 2011)
- Coeditor of the Geography of Slovenia book series (since 1999)
- Coeditor of the Georhythm book series (since 2007)
- Coeditor of the GIS in Slovenia book series (since 1992)
- Coeditor of the CAPACities book series (od 2010),
- Member of the Thought, society, culture book series editorial board, Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt am Main (since 2013)
- Member of the Acta geographica Slovenica journal editorial board (since 1995)
- Member of the Acta Geobalcanica journal editorial board (since 2015)
- Member of the National Geographic Slovenia editorial board (since 2006)
- Member of the scientific committee of the Geographic Information System in Slovenia (since 1991), the Regional development in Slovenia (since 2007), the Natural Hazards in Slovenia (since 2008) symposiums
- Perko, D., Ciglič, R. 2020: Slovenia's landscapes. The geography of Slovenia: small but diverse. Springer, Cham.
- Ciglič, R., Štrumbelj, E., Češnovar, R., Hrvatin, M., Perko, D. 2019: Evaluating existing manually constructed natural landscape classification with a machine learning-based approach. Journal of Spatial Information Science 18.
- Perko, D., Ciglič, R., Hrvatin, M. 2019: The usefulness of unsupervised classification methods for landscape typification: the case of Slovenia. Acta geographica Slovenica 59-2.
- Perko, D., Zorn, M., Ciglič, R., Breg Valjavec, M. 2019: Changing river courses and border determination challenges: the case of the Slovenian-Croatian Border. Geospatial challenges in the 21st century. Springer, Cham.
- Ciglič, R., Perko, D. 2017: A method for evaluating raster data layers according to landscape classification scale. Ecological informatics 39.
- Perko, D., Hrvatin, M., Ciglič, R. 2017: Determination of landscape hotspots of Slovenia. Acta geographica Slovenica 57-1.
- Perko, D., Hrvatin, M., Ciglič, R. 2015: A methodology for natural landscape typification of Slovenia. Acta geographica Slovenica 55-2.
- Perko, D., Ciglič, R. 2015: Slovenia as a European landscape hotspot. Acta Geobalcanica 1-2.
- Ciglič, R., Perko, D. 2015: Modelling as a Method for Evaluating Natural Landscape Typology: The Case of Slovenia. Landscape Analysis and Planning. Springer, Heidelberg.
- Ciglič, R., Perko, D. 2013: Europe's landscape hotspots. Acta geographica Slovenica 53-1.
Advancement of computationally intensive methods for efficient modern general-purpose statistical analysis and inference ( aplikativni • 01. march 2016 - 28. february 2019)
Terraced Landscapes ( aplikativni • 01. december 2004 - 31. december 2007)
Determination of natural landscape types at local level ( 01. november 2013 - 30. june 2015)
Landscape diversity and hotspots of Slovenia ( aplikativni • 01. october 2014 - 28. february 2018)