B.Sc. in Geography, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, 2012
Undergraduate student exchange Erasmus Placement Programme at Polytech'Nice – Sophia, University of Nice – Sophia Antipolis, France
Ph.D. student of Geography at Faculty of Humanities, University of Primorska, Slovenia
geomorphology, karstology, speleology, glaciology, natural disasters, cartography, environmental protection
- member of the Geomorphological Society of Slovenia (2010–)
- organiser and leader of Zverinjačke rupe Caving Expeditions (2010–)
- member of Presidency of Speleological Association of Slovenia (2013–)
- leader of Cave Protection Service at Speleological Association of Slovenia (2013–)
- member of editorial board of Jamar caving magazine (2014–)
- member of editorial board of Naše jame caving magazine (2014–)
- editor-in-chief of Naše jame caving magazine (2020–)
- member of editorial board of Natural disasters in Slovenia book series (2017–)
- deputy of Cave Rescue Service Novo mesto (2017–)
- caving instructor at Speleological Association of Slovenia (2017–)
- member of first response team SI-CAVESAR EU Modex – EU Civil Protection (2018–)
- member of Commision for Protection of Mountain Environment at Alpine Association of Slovenia (2020–)
- Presence of gases in karst caves as a source of threats to people: examples from Slovenia. Presentation at Natural Hazards 2018 conference. Novi Sad, Srbija, 6. 10. 2018
- The assessment of cave pollution in Slovenia. Presentation at EuroSpeleo Symposium 2018. Ebensee, Austria, 24. 8. 2018
- The underground world of Triglav Plateau. Presentation at 240-anniversary of first ascent on Mount Triglav. Mojstrana, Slovenia, 9. 6. 2018
- Landscape diversity and geoheritage of Slovenia. Presentation at international conference Geobalcanica 2018. Ohrid, Macedonia, 15. 5. 2018.
- The problem of cave pollution in Kras Plateau, Slovenia. Presentation at international conference SOS Proteus. Matavun, Slovenia, 14. 4. 2018
- Cave tourism in Slovenia: on the edge between mass tourism and geoheritage protection. Presentation at international conference GEOTRENDS. Wrocław, Poland, 21. 9. 2017
- From rocky bareland to green landscape – transformations of Kras in Slovenia. Presentation at international workshop »Integrated Control on Rocky Desertification, Carbon Cycle and Sink in Karst System. Guilin, China, 25. 11. 2016
- Geoheritage assessment of relief forms in a modern city: the case of Ljubljana. Presentation at International Workshop on Urban Geomorphological Heritage. Rome, Italia, 28. 10. 2016
- Speleological explorations of deep karst on Mount Lovćen, Montenegro, Invited lecture at University of Novi Sad. Novi Sad, Serbia, 31. 5. 2016
- Carey, A., Zorn, M., Tičar, J., Lipar, M., Komac, B., Welch, Susan A., Smith, Devin F., Lyons, Berry W. 2019: Glaciochemistry of cave ice : Paradana and Snežna Caves, Slovenia. Geosciences 9-2
- Tičar, J., Tomić, N., Breg Valjavec, M., Zorn, M., Marković, S.-B., Gavrilov, M.-B. 2018: Speleotourism in Slovenia: balancing between mass tourism and geoheritage protection. Open Geosciences 10-1.
- Tičar, J., Komac, B., Zorn, M., Ferk, M., Hrvatin, M., Ciglič, R. 2017: From urban geodiversity to geoheritage: the case of Ljubljana (Slovenia). Questiones Geographicae 36-3.
- Tičar, J., Geomorphological characteristics of selected pocket valleys in Slovenia. Geographical Bulletin 87-1.
- Tičar, J., Čekada M. 2018: The accuracy in locating of natural heritage in Slovenia: the case of karst caves. The Landscape in High Resolution.
- Tičar, J., Perko, D., Volk Bahun, M. 2018: Geoheritage and landscape diversity of Slovenia. The Landscape in High Resolution.
- Stepišnik, U., Žebre, M., Tičar, J., Lipar, M., Ferk, M., Kodelja, B., Klemenčič, I. 2010: The extent of Pleistocene glaciation of Lovćen in Montenegro. Geographical Bulletin 82-1.
- Tičar, J, Ribeiro, D. The problematics of cave pollution in Bela Krajina. Natura Sloveniae 19-1.
- Tičar, J., Lipar, M., Zorn, M., Kozamernik, E. 2018: The underground world of Triglav Plateau. Triglav 240.
- Komac, B., Tičar, J., Zorn, M. 2016: History of Ujma Journal. Ujma 30.
Preservation and valorisation of the natural and cultural heritage and development of sustainable tourism in the cross-boarder carst landscape ( interreg • 01. september 2017 - 29. february 2020)
Possible ecological control of flood hazard in the hill regions of Hungary and Slovenia ( mednarodni_raziskovalni • 01. november 2017 - 31. october 2020)
Promoting multilevel governance for tuning up biodiversity protection in marine areas ( interreg • 01. november 2019 - 30. june 2022)
Geography of Slovenia - national research programme ( research programme • 01. january 2015 - 31. december 2021)